View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2009, 11:57 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by StethJeff View Post
I'd suggest that it's even more important to extend that Pink line north. In general, the Westside is the biggest cluster**** in the entire metro area. It's getting to the point where Metro needs to take a serious look at gridding-up the DTLA/WestLA core with lines on:
I agree. Instead of focusing so much on a county-wide system, we should channel our efforts into bringing rail lines to places where the people would actually use them. This is why I think we could use a municipal transit agency to develop rail lines in LA's core area. I'd like to reference my Santa Monica and Beverly Line proposals, which are based on the premise of needing a denser network in the core urban area:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=137422

Quote:
Grand
Not necessary. It's only two blocks east of Flower Street, where the Blue Line runs.

Quote:
Broadway
See Broadway streetcar project.

Quote:
La Cienega
See Westside Extension.

Quote:
La Brea
This could be a northern extension of the Crenshaw Corridor.

Quote:
Fairfax
This could also be a northern extension of the Crenshaw Corridor.

Quote:
Vermont
Already a subway down Vermont north of Wilshire. An extension farther south is planned.

Quote:
Western
Necessary, IMO, but Wright would argue that it's too close to Vermont.

Quote:
Venice
I agree. Instead of this being a branch of Crenshaw, extend it east along Pico to DTLA where it would then run along Broadway or Main to serve South Park, Fashion District, Historic Core, Toy District, and Civic Center.

By Wright Concept

Quote:
Wilshire
Um, yeah.

Quote:
3rd
Too close to Wilshire. Maybe a BRT?

Quote:
SaMo
See Westside Extension. Also, the Silver Line proposal could be extended down Santa Monica and connect with the Westside Extension.

Quote:
Melrose
Too close to Santa Monica.

Quote:
Sunset
Only the Sunset Strip. I'm having a hard time seeing how it could work. Maybe a line up San Vicente and then up Sunset?

Quote:
Hollywood
Already served.

Quote:
Olympic
Too close to Wilshire.

Quote:
Pico . . .
See the Pico/Venice route I was talking about.

β€” Jerome Bruner

Last edited by Quixote; Jul 5, 2009 at 12:40 AM.