View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2009, 3:34 PM
this could have been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
Ya commuter rail is what caught my eye. But commuter rail would be amazing. Obviously there is a large business for people who come up from Tucson to take flights and a commuter rail line that went from Tucson, through the SE Valley, through the airport, connected with Union Station, then went up Grand Ave stopping in Glendale, Surprise, and Wickenburg would be awesome.
Same here. just the fact that it was thought of to be included (and was included) gives me hope. seems a no-brainer.
we have to help make commuter rail (and Amtrak's return, whether it's HSR or not) somehow. write or call your local and federal congresspersons and other elected officials.
i like the renderings a lot mostly, but a few concerns come to mind.
do architects in this day for local projects still render surface lots without any landscaping/trees/shade? as pictured, that would be horrible, tho i don't think the city would allow it.
it looks like one would have to go up not one but 2 levels to reach the sky train from LR if i'm seeing it right. the sky train station should be on the same level as the bridge over washington it seems to me.
also, i'd like to see the extra empty space at the sw corner of wash. and 44th st parceled off and sold so someone could build something at that corner and contribute some money to the coffers. why not activate the corner; is all that empty space adjacent to bus bays and back to the canal necessary? seems wasteful in many ways. Thx for finding and posting this cool stuff vwwolfe and hxguy!