View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I love working from home. I also hate it and cannot WAIT to get back into the office. I don't miss the commute, but I do miss how much more focused I was in the office.

Point is, a hybrid model in place moving forward, giving people the option to do either just seems...practical. I miss eating out downtown, but I don't miss the 25 lbs I've lost since WFH began. I actually miss seeing/interacting with my colleagues, and I miss seeing the sidewalks downtown filled with people. I don't miss dealing with jerks (both in the office, and on the sidewalks downtown lol).
This is exactly how I and so many others feel. I love WFH when I have to really get something done heads down - distractions in the office are no good. I miss interacting with my coworkers and all that.

I think a lot of business leaders and people have warmed to a hybrid model. I don't think that your average 22 to 35 year old is going to abandon the city even for a hybrid model. I just transferred in someone to nyc who was living in another area of the country, who told me they didn't want to live in suburbia anymore and that was legitimately their #1 reason. They had multiple teams here interested and it was hell or high water for them to come here still.. I have had multiple similar inquiries from other people in my company under similar situations and so too have my coworker in SF, Seattle, and Chicago.