View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2019, 6:19 PM
Show me the blueprints

In general all of the program station renovations the MTA has underway or has recently completed look snazzy as hell. Whatever architecture firm they partnered with to create the new baseline material and application standards for the station reno's has done a very good job. The Bay Ridge line has seen several station modernizations during the same initiative as well as scattered stations in Manhattan and the Bronx. The combinations of the charcoal offset floor tile, gray and blasted concrete and canopy wood ceilings all look excellent and when paired with a plethora of electronic signage and information screens and new station entrances looks like a million bucks, or more like 15-20 million bucks

All that said, yes, I agree that some of the new Cta stations are far more cold and prison block feeling than what I would prefer. The Cta seems to be allergic to using warm materials. I don't know if this derives from the iconic 60s-70s design standardization that was unveiled on the expressway lines or what but IMO the Cta would benefit from not using as much stainless steel, galvanized and garish blue accents everywhere.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding