View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 2:58 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
No joke about Lyme disease. My father is battling it now and he had to walk with a cane for a while, bit back in July.
sorry to hear about your dad's bout with it.

apparently, there are millions of people in the northern tier of the nation who have lyme disease and don't even know it.

the CDC only records 20,000 - 30,000 new confirmed cases of lyme disease each year, but experts believe that the real total of new cases/year is likely around 500,000. so there's A LOT of lyme disease going undetected.

my brother-in-law is one of them. he was getting a brain scan done for some completely unreleated neurological issue, and when the doctors were reviewing the results of the scan with him they were like, "oh, and by the way, you also have lyme disease, so we'll get you a referal to get you on the proper medication to address that". he was totally unaware that he had lyme disease.

hell, i could even have it and not know it. lord knows i've hiked through enough forests in wisconsin and michigan over the years.