View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 3:24 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Of course NYC is losing huge tax revenue.

The current building produces no income. The future building will produce massive income. If this guy holds out for a year or two, that's probably eight figures in lost municipal revenue right there. And for what?

Even worse, the guy appears to have quit his job for this charade. Pre-pandemic, there wasn't a hold on evictions, but during the pandemic, unemployed New Yorkers can't be evicted. So this guy is refusing to work in the middle of a full employment/employee shortage, to preserve his apartment. The fact that this makes economic sense is public policy madness.
no it wont. as i said, but your cherry picking ignores, the vast majority of residents who would live there already live here.

and so who cares if he holds out or how he does it? i would too. covid or no, hes playing by the rules. this happens quite often, if not as extreme, because more often developers handle it earlier and better.

i refuse to take the developer side with this kind of issue, moreso because much more often its the owners and redevelopers harrassing and chasing the residents out via illegal tactics. publicity will probably save this guy from that.