View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2007, 10:43 PM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWest View Post
There always seems to be a "if we build it" mentality in Winnipeg to fix its fortunes (Juba definitely followed this theory)...it's not that easy. I also find that there is still a lot of old mentality in Winnipeg that keeps resorting back to the past (such as the Juba comments...for all the times I've heard my parents talk about Juba, geez) instead of looking forward.

In terms of the Stephen Juba comment, I was merely pointing out an individual who had some serious passion about Winnipeg, and was a strong advocator for the city. I wasn't trying to say we should keep things as they were in the past. Juba wanted to take Winnipeg into the 27th century and make it a true world class city. And even though he was a mayor back in the 50's, 60's and 70's, he had great vision for how Winnipeg should function many many years down the road. I think you just misunderstood my comment

As I stated before, I would like to see someone like him with a LONG-TERM vision for the city and who is committed to making it a top notch and envious place amongst Canadians.