View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 4:12 PM

I was at the meeting too. It was worthless.

Alderman Dowell didn't tell the whole story. The current entitlements are not currently economically viable. Fogelson knew they wouldn't become so in his lifetime, which is the only reason Landmark/Dunn is now the developer. Dowell also mentioned old PDs. If that's true, then they have to go through the PD amendment process to build the transit hub unless it's already in there. Somehow I doubt that very much.

'No' may not be an option, but 'not in the next 15 years' is, and if Dunn isn't careful that's what he's going to get. This is the community that drags out lawsuits until you give up (winning is unimportant). That's what they did to X/O at 18th and Prairie, that's what they did to Lucas, that's what they did to the high school at NTA...

Connecting Metra BNSF to the site requires work outside Dowell's ward and outside the site that Landmark controls.
Connecting CTA Orange Line to the site requires work outside Dowell's ward and outside the site that Landmark controls.
Dunn has never mentioned anything about the South Shore railroad, which uses the tracks and is significantly impacted by the project. You've got 3 or 4 congressional districts outside of Illinois that have an interest here.

I would really like to see this site developed, but dear lord are they screwing it up.