View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I have no qualms about businesses weeding people out who haven't been vaccinated even if I'm not on board with them requiring masks since you have to take them off to eat and drink anyway. Why not remove masks indoors from the equation altogether plus eliminating risk of covid but disallowing unvaccinated from the premises? There's virtually no excuse not to get vaccinated other than to rebel against government, science, mommy, whatever so not sure why the rest of us should have to lockdown and wear pointless masks indefinitely because of this.
First of all, the "rights" issue is a non-starter. No one has any more "right" to be a potential spreader of infection by entering indoor public spaces while being unvaccinated than those who are there have "rights" to be protected from them.

As for masks, you apparently really don't like wearing them and no one can convince you to like it. But a properly fitted N95 or KN95 offers an increment of protection to the wearer and an increment of reduction in viral spreading that, at a time like this with a highly contagious variant peaking, is useful to the public health. It reduces the 12% (or so) effectiveness gap of the current vaccines significantly and therefore is warranted, perhaps only until we are through this wave (which I believe will be another 1-2 months).