View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxRox View Post
I have been extensively streetviewing Houston and checking out various sites, and am tentatively thinking of staying in the Museum District.
If you're staying in a hotel (and are not on a super-tight budget) there are three areas I would suggest. The Hotel ZaZa is dead center Museum District, literally next door and across the street from the Museum of Fine Arts. Also a stone's throw from the Museum of Natural Science and Hermann Park and right on the Metrorail line.

There's a new Westin Hotel in the Texas Medical Center that's in a renovated historically significant SOM mid-century modern tower also right on the same Metrorail line. The Medical Center might seem an odd place to stay, but it's actually one of the most urban areas in Houston, plus it's next to Hermann Park and also next to Rice University. Both beautiful areas.

I would also highly recommend staying Downtown. Either on Main Street or by Discovery Green Park and the Convention Center. There's a terrific Marriott on Main, as well as the Icon Hotel which is supposed to be very nice. Both are historic buildings. Both are also on the same Metrorail line. If you stay near Discovery Green, there is another Metrorail line that will take you to the Main Street Line.

I would personally love staying in any of those three, though I would probably go for Downtown simply because there is more stuff and it's better walking.

If you're staying in an Airbnb, then I'd go for either a house/townhouse in Montrose/Museum District or a loft apartment Downtown.

Damn! I haven't been home in over a year and every place I mentioned and more are my old stomping grounds.

Last edited by bilbao58; Apr 27, 2021 at 2:35 AM.