View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
No. The Market East thing is just dressing on their actual motivation: which is they want to be downtown no matter what so figure it out.

And I concur with it.

The older I get the less patience I have with NIMBYs. Chinatown would have been opposed to this no matter whether the negotiations happened in advance or after.

It's an arena not a stadium. It's 18,000 people per event not 60,000. Big difference and semantics matter.

What makes it "fragile"? Because they said so?

Philadelphia's Chinese community is healthier and more vibrant than it has ever been. Let's stop with the hyperbole.

The irony is of course, Chinatown has jumped 676 and inserts itself into development decisions and discussions even where it should have no say (Callowhill/Loft District). So I don't really have any patience for framing them as the victim or David.
NOne of that will help make things easier for the sixers. But it seems like the sixers owners are in lockstep with your condescending views and its working out well so far. So we'll see if they double down or change course. Very few are begging them for the stadium- sorry arena.