View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 3:18 AM

The proposal isn't bad at all!!! No tears for the stadium though, even though it could count as Newark's baseball team, though and my apologies that Newark and NJ had to lose the Nets to NYC and Prokhorov (is spelling correct???), but the Nets belonged in Newark, not in Bklyn, and while there wasn't any fanfare left for the NJ Nets, the city and the state, in particular North Jersey, at least should've had a pro basketball team to call it's own!!!

The proposal, IMHO signals that Newark is due for a true rebirth, At least they're moving in the right direction, unlike my home city Philadelphia, which nixed plans for what should've been the tallest American building until the Freedom Tower on Ground Zero get completed in Downtown Manhattan.

And in case anybody knows this, the CITC w/o the spire is 911' while the Freedom Tower in NYC is 1776'. That's very odd indeed considering that on July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence happened in Independence Hall right here in Philadelphia, and 9/11 happened in NYC!!! Why the swap, and not saying that NYC doesn't deserve the title of having the tallest building in America or even the world since it's the biggest city in this country. In that case, the developers should've at least made the Freedom Tower 2001' since that's when the 9/11 attacks occurred on that particular year rather than using the 1776 figure, which is a very important year in Philadelphia, considering that our pro basketball team is named the 76ers!!!

If any NJ forumers would like to share any tidbits about this, you can reply back to me, I'd love to hear more info from the NYC area because I'm just not sure whether the Philly former could appreciate a project like the American Commerce Center, Bridgeman's View, Mandeville Place (which was all residential, but still..), and the SLS Hotel project on Broad and Spruce, which is currently in limbo as we speak. Thank you!!!