View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I don't think it's a heated argument. It's just a friendly discussion with some disagreement.
Cool. My fault for reading too much into things. I still think it's not really a big deal given the amount of discussion it's generated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
How many tall buildings in the last few years have not been on corners?
1701 Rittenhouse square comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post

First, let me get this out way. My heart goes out to the families who've lost loved ones in that tragedy BUT a memorial at:
22nd & Lehigh - no problem.
22nd & Market - bad, bad move & should have been or should be the impetus for high-density development for that hideous stretch of real estate between 21st & 23rd Sts. that's been an eyesore since at least the 1970's (I know because I went to elementary/Junior High a block away from there). Thanks Mayor Michael Nutter for your short-sightedness and green-lighting this move!!!!!
This is the point I'm trying to make I suppose. There are so many worse lots on Market Street in that area. It would be one thing if there were a developer actively clamoring to do something with this tiny sliver of land. But the swaths of surface parking and underutilized shabby 1 & 2 story buildings surrounding this don't look to be converting to office towers in the immediate future. Sure it's possible that in the distant future the fact that there is a tiny park on the corner could deter a massive tower from being here. But I'll start to worry about that once the corner lots on 20th and 23rd are all filled out. Tossing in an attack at the current Mayor seems somewhat random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
My opposition is not because this will be a homeless encampment (though it will), but because it is a pathetically empty gesture that at best memorializes the ongoing inefficacy and cowardice of local politicians.
Okay, that I can get behind. Definitely worth getting up in arms about the fact that L&I is still a huge mess.