View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
I think an organizer making a decision to cancel an event is in the same bucket as someone personally deciding not to go. They are weighing risks to themselves, their workers, and reputation. I don't think we should go back to government shutdowns, but at the same time there's no way I'd go ahead with a large social event having witnessed what I've seen over the past 2-3 weeks. It's only slightly less stupid than getting on a cruise ship right now.
Yes, I agree that it's their decision to cancel a big party. But there's really no reason to do so... just like canceling all of these football bowl games. If attendees are vaccinated, they have nothing to worry about. Nothing more to worry about than going to a New Years Eve party in 2018 and catching the flu or in 1999 and catching the Y2K virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Agree with all of this except the young children bit. They have never been at risk. You’re doing them a disservice by not letting them be exposed to it and gain immunity (which will probably confer a benefit in the case of another novel coronavirus decades from now).
Right, recent numbers show that of 800,000 people who died from covid complications, only 240 were under 19 years old. That's 0.03%. Less than half that under 9 years old.

I was just noting that if parents did not want to put their unvaccinated young children at any risk (even though that risk is negligible), then stay home.

Last edited by pj3000; Dec 31, 2021 at 6:15 PM.