View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
I agree, if I get hospitalized because of my refusal to get vaccinated, triage should place me at the end of the line, although many of you believe I should be denied treatment altogether (although I think that's a silly wish because I highly doubt hospitals can turn people away) however the odds of my being hospitalized due to covid are incredibly low which has been my point all along-so low in fact that they're not even worthy of consideration. This is a simple matter of probability and to say the odds are in my favor is the ultimate understatement because where I live right now there is 1 covid patient in hospital out of 870,000 people but many of you here either don't understand math or don't care about it, instead adamantly insisting that it's possible that I could get killed by covid and while that's true, it's also possible I could get killed by a vending machine machine landing on me and i'm as worried about one as I am the other. All of life is a series of calculations of risk versus reward yet for some reason that line of reasoning has been cast aside during the pandemic in our zeal to save everyone

Having said all that I was listening to Dr. Drew Pinsky on a podcast today and he said he's a strong advocate for vaccination which really surprised me as he's not only a renowned physician but he also got covid and became a long hauler so he not only has extensive knowledge about the virus but also an insider's perspective on having it. Granted most that get covid will not end up being long haulers but if you are one of those unlucky individuals, it sounds rough
So in your personal calculus, what is the downside of getting vaccinated to potentially prevent a long haul Covid experience?