View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Also, the townhouses along Waterfront Place look pretty nice to me, and I'm sure they're pricey. And I also like the looks of this next apartment phase better.

However, it seems flipped around to me... like the townhouses should be fronting or backing up to the riverfront, and the long apartment blocks should be where the townhouses are.

Maybe it's just me, but I would feel kinda cheated if I was a townhouse owner. Or maybe it's just that the these townhouses really don't belong here? At least not in this configuration.

I didn't take any real pictures, but the townhouses are over 90% done. The last row of them has only a little external work left, like putting on external lights and landscaping. They look buttoned up though from the elements. Every other row seems done with at least some of the houses inhabited.

I think they did it this way because the space between the back of the Terminal parking lot and where the street would go was rather narrow - too narrow arguably to build a modern apartment building. Since they were building an effectively new street it's arguable that they could have jogged it further down, but I can understand the desire to continue Railroad Street all the way through.