View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego
Chicago/Red Line was rehabbed a few years ago. The next Red Line station to be rehabbed will be Grand/State. Clark/Division is still disgusting, and has no concrete plans for renovation anytime soon (though it will probably be next, after Grand, but it's at least a few years off).

Jackson/Blue line is currently being renovated, and after that, the Clark/Lake/Blue Line platform will be renovated (again).

I'm not certain, but I think some improvements to Washington/Blue Line and the red line may be rolled into the Block 37 superstation and tunnel construction. I know the Washington/Red Line station will be removed as part of the B37 construction, but I'm not sure if the plan is to keep the current station at Monroe, or split the different and put one at Madison. Either way, there should be pedway connections between all of the surrounding mezanines, and B37.

Again I'm not certain about this, but I think the Monroe stations are generally being let to lie, under the hope that there will one day be a transit route under or over Monroe, so renovations to the current subways in the vicinty under State and Dearborn would be planned accordingly.

Since the city owns the subway tunnels, it would be nice if they took more initiative in renovating every subway station.....which I guess is another incentive to renew the central area TIF.
CDOT would love too, if they had the funds to do it.