View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
We are happy the Silver Line has finally reached the premier int'l airport for DC but your defense of lack of express service based on travel times for CBD to airport rapid rail services in NYC and Chicago is a weak one, if not a bad faith one altogether. JFK does not have a premier first-world express airport rail link, with air passengers dumped off at Jamaica to change to the E train or LIRR for the rest of the journey to Manhattan. Nor does Chicago with a truly pitiful time it takes the Blue Line to pull into ORD from downtown. When compared to international expectations, the lack of a true express or very limited stop rapid rail link to JFK should have NYC officials and the MTA hanging their heads in shame. Airtrain...give me a f***ing break. NY is an global alpha city...it's inexcusable, and LGA has no link at all. Chicago isn't quite alpha city and while a rapid rail link to ORD is good, it too deserves a limited express dedicated rail link to compete with its global peers. Which brings me to DC. It isnt just some random metro. It's our nation's capital...its seat of government... The wealthiest nation on the planet should have made it a priority to roll out a red carpet for both domestic and foreign visitors in not just a rail link to the airport but a truly swift and impressive express train to the heart of the District. The trip from Dulles terminal to Mall should take about 12 minutes not an hour plus. Thats what would have impressed the citizens of this country and the world. Many unfortunately will decide a cab is a better option even with potentual traffic and that is a very unfortunate outcome for such an opportunity the Silver Line presented.
I think providing a rail connection to Dulles airport is secondary to allowing continued growth of the Dulles corridor, Reston, and Tysons, with the latter two become dense, walkable, mixed-use communities.