View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer2019 View Post
I think the previous design had a lot more cohesiveness and looked very graceful over the river. This new render/proposal has a bit of in your face magnificence, begging viewers to look at it rather than 150 or 444. And really the lack of cohesiveness doesn't matter that much, because in terms of the skyline, the South and East towers will stand out a lot more and be much more recognizable. The East tower's design is now vastly superior to the blob it was before. It also looks like they've added green space in front of it; I'm not sure what spurred that.

I'm also confused as to why the glass appears to different than the West, perhaps they just wanted to copy+paste? Maybe it's just the shadows/reflections
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Agreed.

Though I think the new East Tower is a sizable improvement I actually think the new South Tower loses some of its more refinded subtleties. It looks 1980s to me. Without much in the way in the way of significant added height. Plus I find spires to be often overused (especially in NYC over the last decade) and this tower is a case in point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPChicago View Post
I may be in the minority but it looked better before.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
I like the old south tower better also...i do like the new east tower better though. I think the real deciding factor for me is when i get to see a view of it from the side.
I agree with all of you. I am not a fan of the new South Tower design from this perspective. It's kind of a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
I loathe the bowed middle of the original design - looks like an overweight skyscraper trying to fit into skinny jeans.
I also agree with this assessment. IMO, the design would have been better served if they maintained the below elevation on all sides:

...something akin to the PCP Salesforce Tower going up in San Francisco: