View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 2:40 PM

I am cautiously optimistic; from an engineering standpoint its possible and if such a building is built here it would give downtown a very nice feel; only a few feet shorter than Mellon Tower.

A tower in this location at 777' will make the Bell Atlantic Tower, Mellon Tower FMC and even Liberty 2 Tower look almost typical for downtown in terms of height; just think FMC is 730' Mellon Tower is about 790' Bell Atlantic Tower I think is about 740' or close to it so you have a very cosmopolitan feel and for this reason and more I hope it gets done.

If a tower at 777' is built in this location it can make Rittenhouse Square feel more exclusive an it would create an overall trend upward for the city in general because I'm thinking here about this; as a skyscraper enthusiast if this is built then for condos and offices to have an iconic buildings status in or near the Business District would require the same, near or equal to that height or taller in order to standout in that location. I would also require something not as tall but in a range of 400-700' in another location downtown and this could spread out the skyline even further for other skyscrapers to be built and add more bulk to the skyline over all so this tower at 777' overall could add upward momentum. I hope it gets done.

But of course this is only if this project reaches 777'