View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimondpark View Post
After decades of cities redevelopment and downtowns coming back, I think that we are seeing a new villification of big cities, specifically urban environments happening again due to right wing media constantly characterizing cities as "dem-runned urban cesspools and/or hellholes and/or armpits etc."

They have their supporters who have never been here thinking they know more about our cities than we do. It's bizarre and annoying.

I have 'friends' and some relatives on social media that have never set foot in CA who think they know all there is to know about LA or SF. I'm like bitch please STFU.
I get this all day, every day, with boomer clients. It's bizarre.

I actually got this before you-know-who was elected on a fear/ignorance platform. I have a WW2-era Brooklyn-born client who has lived in South Carolina for 50 years, who claims you can't set foot in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and live to tell the tale. He thinks there are roving bands of "illegal" Puerto Ricans out to get you, like he watched West Side Story one too many times. I've given up on these folks.