View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
ditto on the docs ATX

Gecko.....I agree and it makes me wonder where will the eventual "Miracle Mile" of downtown Austin go? I always envisioned Congress Avenue as the street that deserves, can handle a real shopping experience like a mini Miracle Mile. It would make sense that high end retailers would want to be close to one another, and for many reasons I think it will take high end retailers to really push something like the MM of Chicago in Austin. Crowds come to browse the couture shops then buy at H&M. Maybe will we never get them, it's tough for high end shops I think because Austin is so "young money" and extremely casual. I'm curious to know how Neimans and Tiffany's do at the Domain. I've never shopped them, though I've spent some coin at LV a few times...chics.....amiright?
I think the Neimans at the Domain does pretty well. Always busy when I'm there.

As far as a Miracle Mile, the logical place would be a further expansion of S Congress into the Statesman site. The new Music Lane project on S Congress has already announced a few somewhat higher end names (Soho House, Le Labo, Neighborhood Goods, etc.) It would be really cool if the Statesman site continued that retail/shopping feel.