View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
Agree.....

Back in 1990...I was taking law enforcement at Grant MacEwan. We all had to volunteer with the EPS. My posting was with the Beaver Hills police station when it was there. We had a lot of problems with the cover/trees and hills in this park. It concealed a lot of crime and drug trafficking. Hence why the city at the time redesigned the park to be more open. Now, our crime is a lot worse downtown. I guess just having good sitelines and trying not to have any hidden pockets is my only real concern. This park will indeed be awesome. I just hope that its policed properly. P.s... there is no way in hell I'm going into central park at any time
Yeah, I mentioned that in an earlier post, if the city isn't prepared to have police or peace officers at the park on a 24 hour rotation, there really is no point in building this park.

Look at all the money spent on the park and streetscape in The Quarters, total waste of resources. I haven't been down there this year, but late last fall I decided to check it out and it was a hot mess. There were people passed out and stumbling around. Plus all the commercial spaces at the Doubletree were boarded up because all the windows were smashed out (I would post pics I took, but don't know how).