View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mville1 View Post
It's a shame this building was valued engineered so much, but in a market as small as Lancaster I guess the ROI is not great enough to justify spending so much on materials and the exterior design. Realistically, very few people are willing to spend $3,000 a month on rent to live in downtown Lancaster because the developer chose to invest in quality materials to use on the building's facade. I think Willow Valley is encountering this issue with the Mosaic.

Regardless, I love the density and I hope they can find an interesting tenant to fill the retail space to activate that section of Chestnut and Queen.
Agreed, I would have liked to see the original height and the pedestrian bridge connecting to the parking garage. But you're probably right - there must not be enough market in Lancaster. It still is a decent sized building though. I would love to see this size residential building in Harrisburg! Maybe one day...

And agreed again regarding the commercial space. Seems to be a lot of demand in downtown Lancaster, but like you said - hope it's something interesting.