View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 7:39 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Corners View Post
Most of the funding is coming from federal funding sources. So it's not a matter of if this is the appropriate area for spending that amount of money right now, it's a matter of either spending this money on light rail, or at the very least some kind of transit, or it gets spent in an entirely different region instead and risking the window for such funding closes in the future. Could they spend it on decreasing headways for buses? Sure, but is that going to foster much redevelopment? I don't believe so.

Keep in mind, this is not a lone strategy for helping to rejuvenate this part of the north side, there are other strategies at play, the light rail expansion just happens to be the most publicized at the moment.
To be clear, my comment about whether or not it's an appropriate area for spending was directed toward whoever happened to be doing the spending. I didn't mean to imply the comment was specific to lower levels of government like the city or county who often don't make all the funding decisions.