View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2021, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
FWIW the core was actually jumped this morning, but you're right, for the better part of about 3 weeks it didn't move. There could be numerous reasons as to why it stopped, but I doubt it has anything to do with last-second design changes. Also, the current lead times mean that making last-second design changes is even more headache-inducing than they usually are especially with a project of this size.

It could have something to do with the core being limited as to how tall it can free stand above the finished steel (fully bolted/welded, not just set) with a crane in it; especially when it's as skinny as it is now is.
Thanks for your input. Yeah that sounds like the most plausible explanation but we'll watch and see. Figures they jump the core for first time in a few weeks like a couple hours after I posted this lol.

I had thought about the structural explanation and thought it wouldn't be an issue but I forgot about the gigantic crane on top still hauling steel. Now that the steel is caught up sufficiently they can probably finish the final 7 or 8 floors continuously without any more stoppage.

That said I think it's turning out really great as the glass goes up. It's gonna be a stunner and I'm excited to see what kind of crown lighting they do on the top when finished. The renders show some lighting but it's hard to get a feel what it will look like in person. I'm hoping that they coordinate with the city's seasonal lighting program - specifically looking forward to any colored lighting.