View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2018, 8:05 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
There's nothing to be excited about in the super-tall realm. It looks like Wanda is it for the foreseeable future and that took over a decade.
I fear this but stay cautiously optimistic. Vista alone is pretty awesome.

Quote:
400 N. LSD is now under threat from Reilly and his demands etc. I'm sure a height reduction will also be in order after a closer look at the market yada, yada, yada.....
Related simply stated they would redesign the buildings. It could end in a height cut but could also end in a combination of the towers or height increase. No one knows but I don't think it's the end of the project at all.

Quote:
Tribune Tower addition is still minimally 5 years out so who knows on that front.
I read they were submitting plans for approval last month and try to start construction next year provided financing is secured. Not sure of the status though or really the legitimacy of Golub & Co who are behind it.

I'm not really that upset about the height cuts at WPS and OCS since they will still be great/tall buildings.

The LSE tower across the highway from the spire site has also risen to about 1000 I believe.

Quote:
I want Chicago to be in league with NY and Asia which it once was as far as height and architectural prominence.
NY is a much bigger/denser city, obviously it'll be tough for Chicago to compete. Same with Chinese cities, they have like 30 million people a piece and construction is cheap. Not to say Chicago can't do well on a world scale but just pointing that out.