View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I had no idea the modern building in the 1955 photograph was the 'Sports Erection' (actually the Sports Connection)...but people in the area called it the Sports Erection. ha ha
I went to a smaller gym a bit further down Santa Monica Blvd. (on the same/south side of the street)

this one.

my old gym card

Only the foundation of my gym is left.

South is at Top

gsv

The large building on the right is the parking garage (plus a gym floor & retail shops) for the old Sports Erection Connection (now 24hr. Fitness)

In between my old gym (now just a foundation) and the large sports complex was one of the oldest lesbian bars in the city. For the life of me,
I can not remember the bar's name. I used to reach inside the bar's open door and grab the weekly papers on the way to my gym.
I believe I mentioned it before in an old post. (I, obviously, can't find the old post without the name of the bar)

Does anyone know the name of this bar?

Since that GSV view of the vacant lot where your gym used to be was taken in 2017, construction is well underway on a mixed use 3-4 story building in that spot. There are plans
for a similar building (aren't they all) to be built almost directly across the street.

There's also a nice shot of The Palms bar (identified) in the GSV history view.