View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I'd rather not use an estimated height so that we aren't spreading a rumored number. I'd rather wait until we have a confirmed height from the source, either the architect, developer or seeing the building elevations.

Maybe some of you Houston peeps could do that? Make sure to ask for the height to the main roof and to the mechanical penthouse. Sometimes building heights are only listed/published for the main roof height. The reason is most cities only require developments to obey height permissions/zoning rules for the main roof and things like mechanical penthouses are either exempt or are allowed extra height up to a point. In Austin developers get an extra 15 percent in height for the mechanical penthouse above the approved building height. So as a result a lot of building heights are only first reported for the main roof. It's why I always ask for both heights so there is no doubt.
understandable. the number comes from someone who is a "source", per se for a different forum, but i couldnt tell you how they know itll be about 830'. either way, official or not, i think its a pretty accurate estimate given the tower will be closer to the height of a 60 story building when you count the podium and double height floors.

Last edited by cloud713; Aug 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM.