View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
That used to be UGG's head office back when there was a cluster of grain companies around P&M. These days it seems to be mostly tech companies and new economy businesses around there, and I guess they aren't interested in that late 70s grain company vibe. Kind of struck me as the best of both worlds having a modern office in a heritage area, but apparently it just wasn't in demand.

Feels like the conversion of less desirable offices to residential space is starting to gain momentum. Which is fantastic, because there are now very few vacant buildings downtown and none to my knowledge that are substantial in size. It's quite a change from the mid/late 90s when there were several large vacant buildings.
Are you sure you're not thinking of 423 Main, where Skip has a few floors along with some other tech companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldSmith View Post
The deal also included the empty lot at 140 Bannatyne. Would be really nice to see that developed as well.
140 Bannatyne as in the giant lot beside Skip just off Waterfront? Or do you mean the lot right behind it that is part of the property?

Will be interesting to see if they have plans to develop that lot into a mixed-use building, potentially with some parking in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
I'm super excited for a residential conversion. Which tenants are leaving though?

This sounds like a reaction to their departure, rather than planned. Regardless, I hope it works. Main will benefit!!!
Apparently the building is over half empty... so likely no many haha. Lots of the movie shoots have been using the second and third floors of 433 Main for craft services, makeup, etc this year.