View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantais View Post
Between 1 hour 40 minutes and 2 hours by day (depending on the traffic).
4 days a weeks.
36 weeks a year.

That's for my commuting, then I also drive occasionally during my days off and my holydays.
You live in Nantes proper, right? I saw your videos about the harbor, that's in the urban area proper, isn't it? How comes you have to drive that much? You must actually work in a village in a distance from your home or something.

I have a cousin who lives around Nantes too, in a little town nearby. He drives a lot because that's his job. He's a truck driver. I doubt your job is the same... Your English is just far better than his.

I suspect we still have a problem with the transit policy in the country.
First, it is widely centralized on Paris while generously funded by the state as a whole, which may be unfair because all taxpayers in the country pay for it.
Second, we probably need more money allocated to urban mass transit nationwide.

Roads and cars are useful and even necessary in rural areas, but a majority of the people in the country must now live in urban or suburban areas somehow, whether they like it or not.
So, building more commuter rail lines should definitely be a priority in all urban areas whose population exceeds 500k.

Notice that centralization is not the fault of the liberals, eh. We are in favor of more regional powers and a more balanced distribution of public money.