View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 2:46 PM

Jonboy summed it up pretty well.

But to add a little more, the old complex, really the plaza in particular, seemed to resist any sort of interaction with the surrounding area. I don't know how many people worked in the twins, but they were at around 99% capacity when destroyed, but whenever you went to the plaza it felt empty, cold, and sort of lonesome. You could've never guessed that thousands of people were working right above you.

With that in mind, the most exciting thing for me is going to be the park and feeling at street level. With skyscrapers surrounding the park in every direction, restaurants, and stores at the ground level, instead of underground, it's really going to feel like you are in a complex worthy of its name.

Architecturally speaking, I may be in the minority here, but I pretty much love every building. 1 is simple, soars, and dominates everything around it, like it should. 2 and 3 are insanely beautiful, each in their right. And 4 is simple, but has subtle details that make it much more than just a glass box and yet doesn't detract from 1, 2, and 3.

I truly believe it will be one of the best, if not the best urban space on the planet. And I can not wait until I can go downtown to the trade center and not see anymore cranes.