View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 6:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
You can think whatever you want about the design, but a tower of that size or bigger is going to rise there and in other adjacent lots in the future. The ESB will be blocked eventually and that's just something you're going to have to get over.
This tower is going to rise there. Whether or not Vornado changes design remains to be seen. One thing for certain, this tower won’t be built without a tenant now, which is how things usually go. But plans were never abandoned or canceled.

Quote:
“I inadvertently created a whirlwind when I made what I thought was an obvious comment on our third quarter 2022 conference call that, ‘the headwinds in the current environment are not at all conducive to ground-up development,’ which was interpreted as our abandoning the grand plan,” he wrote in a letter to shareholders. “Nothing could be further from the truth. A pause necessitated by economic conditions is not abandoning.”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.