View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 5:03 AM

Wow - Haven't checked on this board for a bit - and then read this one - most of it is reasonable and I will provide updates - but let's get the last comment above out of the way....CG is NOT gang infested by any stretch....

As for the projects - yes they are all delayed more than expected - but none are dead yet either - here are updates:

LUCID MOTORS - This one IS still moving forward and we hopefully will be hearing some next step definitive news soon. As a matter of fact some other projects are in the works that were "contingent" upon the real likelihood of Lucid moving ahead - and THOSE projects are moving ahead in the back channels.

Attesa (Racetrack) - Also still in real development - the latest though is the land may (likely will) be annexed into the city of CG to allow for some better infrastructure, as well as tax options that the county cannot provide. In the meantime they are moving ahead. Here is their latest public announcement - just a couple of weeks ago:

https://goldencorridorliving.com/att...rings-eternal/

Phoenixmart - This one is a toss up. The good news is they have been cleared from their FBI investigation and that should help with investment efforts. They DO have some of that in process, AND they do still have all sorts of plans under review with the city etc.

They also just recently gained approval for some upgrades and zoning variances for the old Outlet Mall they also own along I 10 south of town and they claim we should see some real activity there before years end.

On the other hand - they have some liens, lawsuits, and tax issues that they must resolve quickly, or things will go downhill fast.

Dreamport Villages (Amusement Park) - another toss up - though they claim things are still moving in the background. Water approval may be an issue here - and ADWR is not being very cooperative with Pinal County applications now.

As for CG overall (but not really big project or SkyScraper related so I will be brief) - Homebuilders are back in town at a gaining pace - the NEW mall along I 10 has a new owner and they are being VERY aggressive with attracting new tenants to some of the abandoned suites/buildings in that center. AND there are several other projects "in the works" that are not ready for public release yet.

Hope this helps.