View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 5:21 AM

RE: 40-storey apartment tower planned for Portage and Main

I am thrilled to learn about this development.
Finally 40 years later this 40 + floor residential tower will be completed if all goes well and The mate to 360 Main st gets built.
Better late than never I say. Blanche Deveraux used to say better late than pregnant. lol
This 40 + floor tower could definitely be the catalyst for more Portage & Main activity and downtown investment following suit.
I am thinking the shape of the tower may resemble 360 Main but likely a bit thinner so as to have a smaller floor plate and as many windows as possible?
I am wondering if it might be a mixed use building , like part Hotel as well as residential?
It is a guess but I would suspect a premier first class hotel might be willing to have 12 - 15 + floors of hotel?
Great prestige location, underground established mall and we are going to need more rooms in the next couple of years with increased conventions from the RBC expansion and other visitor attractions.

The recladding nextdoor @ 360 Main, will bring a new lease of life to the area and surroundings not to mention the skyline.
Hopefully we will see a hotel built @ 416 Main st. where the Westin project did not come to fruition last year.
It would be great to see all corners of P & M built up with no pavement / surface lots..
I have a really good feeling more great developments will be spurred due to this, True North and Skycity etc...

Last edited by BAKGUY; Mar 29, 2016 at 5:23 AM. Reason: Added details