View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 12:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Are they ever going to start train services to LGA, JFK and EWR from Manhattan which don't require changing at Jamaica, etc and can run express?

It's so hard to get to NY's airports compared to other cities around the world. I think I tried taking NJ transit to EWR once and the AirTrain to JFK once. Now I refuse to fly to/from EWR and just pay for an Uber to JFK.
Not currently. You can take the JFK airtrain and LIRR. It works fine, it's just long. There are no plans for any Heathrow Express type of service at JFK or LGA as of now.

There was a plan but the NIMBY's quashed it. It was to run a subway through the neighborhoods of Astoria to LGA on elevated tracks, and that was a no-go.

There is another plan that could happen in the distant future, the idea of running a train through an old disused rail line in Queens that could potentially reach JFK from midtown (one-seat). But that is also burdened by NIMBY factors and lack of funding. There is also a problem with capacity at Penn Station that could void the whole thing. The NIMBY contingent want to turn the old rail line into a park.

Last edited by aquablue; Sep 30, 2017 at 1:18 AM.