View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 3:40 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Has anyone else who commutes by Regional Rail noticed an uptick in ridership recently? I take #6249, the morning express on the R6 Manayunk/Norristown Line, into work. I sat in the fifth car this morning, taking a two-seater. By the time we reached Wissahickon, it seemed like most seats in my car were taken. After East Falls, quite a few people were standing. This is in stark contrast to taking 6249 prior to September 2022 (when Comcast compelled its workers to come back to the office three days a week), when I could reasonably expect to find a seat in the first car. I also use this line pretty frequently on the weekends and have noticed a ridership uptick then as well.

I don't have the numbers off-hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Manayunk/Norristown Line is close to or beyond 60% of its pre-pandemic ridership.
I pass by the Norristown Transportation Center and Elm St. Station often and the parking has been getting pretty full and the high speed line has been decently crowded as well.