View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 1:36 AM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Even if off-centre loops (e.g. original Millennium Line) didn't kinda suck, how would they even make one? Gold is another Expo extension; the west end of the line heads to Surrey.

Meh, I still think it could go off to the River District.
Although they used the Expo Extension as an example, I'm not 100% convinced it needs to be. There are advantages and disadvantages. It's nice to provide reverse peak along the Expo Line through to Granville, Burrard, Stadium, and Main St. but it's possible that that another route could be chosen as well... though I think that could drive costs up downtown.

I could also potentially see this more as a branch FROM downtown... the section along the North Shore has lower potential ridership than the Hastings portion. Branching after the PNE North across the inlet and South East to Brentwood and (eventually) Metrotown. M-Line riders could transfer at Brentwood or Commercial to go downtown or the North Shore (if a Burnaby/North Vancouver connection makes sense)

Side point.. WHY on earth would they choose GOLD? I know it's just a study... but seriously... we have a GOLD-COLORED M-Line!

The Green color makes sense.
A Purple color makes sense (although the WCE is purple).
How about RED? ORANGE? PINK? LIME? BROWN? SILVER? LAVENDER? Heck, if it's an extension, then why not just choose BLUE?

Anyhow, I see:
GOLD Line, Vancity-PNE-Lonsdale
PINK Line, Vancouver-PNE-Brentwood
PURPLE Line, Lonsdale-PNE-Brentwood