View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
Except, it's the Mayor that wants the MTA to start the study. Should blame the City for not helping out its subway system as well.

Did you get a chance to read this? http://nypost.com/2015/04/06/whistle...avenue-subway/

It's clear why projects in NY are expensive and the MTA will continue to shell out millions even if a project is delayed. Where's the oversight?
Fair point on the city, that's a whole nother can of worms. It's absolutely incredible to me the size of the city budget, and then the amount of money the city gives the MTA. De Blasio's trip to DC is a nice photo op, but counting on anything from DC is a waste of time, he needs to step up and find money for these projects from the current city budget, and come up with a long term solution that allows the city to fund these projects without federal support.

And yeah I read that article in the post, have any politicians jumped on that yet? Can't recall seeing anything. But yeah, there needs to be serious overhauls in cost controls. I know nothing about the construction industry, but wouldn't it be relatively easy to hire like Ernst & Young to audit that sorta stuff?