View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2003, 4:32 PM
BANNED

I used my camcorder most the time. I guess I can try to take snap shots from the video. The places we recorded include Ritz Carlton @ Kapalua(where we stayed), the road to Hana, the dormant volcano on Maui (I forgot its name), the lava field south of Makena beach, downtown Honolulu shot from the plane, Pearl Harbor, the Polynesian Cultural Center on north shore, and the waikiki beach. I am not sure how good the quality of the pics will be because it rained half the time. But I will try to post them if they look good.

Let me tell ya, the road to Hana is one hell of a trip! The scenery is simply breathtaking. Those narrow one-lane bridges are such a character! On the other side of the island, the lava field south of Makena beach looked eerily unearthly. We saw alot of people riding bikes downhill from the summit of the volcano on Maui; it looked thrilling. Our favorite spot was Makena beach. We went there everyday. The beach is beautiful, wide, clean, and more secluded. Btw, is half of Honolulu owned by japanese? Almost half the store signs are written in Japanese. There are tons of stores tailored to the jpn tourists! (not that there's anything wrong with that) The only spot where I didn't see alot of them was at Pearl Harbor

We made the trip because my partner had to attend a conference at the Ritz Carlton at Kapalua. His company paid for most of the trip We had a wonderful time and we miss Hawaii !!!