View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:06 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiggatt View Post
December, 2014 was always an unrealistic start date for the proposed Miami to Orlando service. Besides the new stations to be built, the miles of second track to be added to the existing line, building ~40 miles of new track takes a while. Even if most of the new tracks will be in a medium strip of a highway, there will be flyover bridges, connecting bridges to build, probably some utility relocations, etc. I think FECI knew that the December, 2014 was not realistic, but they are using the early start dates to create a sense of urgency with the state agencies, municipal government, airport authority, political leaders to get them to respond quickly and not let applications sit in the inbox for 6 months before doing anything.
I disagree. Have you taken the time to watch this video I posted earlier?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1yVSD_Tv8
In it, during the 26th minute of the video, they stated the longest lead time for completing this project is ordering, building, and testing their trains, estimated to take 20 to 30 months. Therefore they could potentially make a December 2014 opening date if they order their trains by April 2013. Assuming they order the trains in January 2013, the worse case would be operational by July 2015.