View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 7:54 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investing In Chicago View Post
Is anyone here actually concerned about getting SICK from covid or are people here like me, and more concerned with the major pain in the ass getting covid causes, from kids home from school, quarantine, and all the other bull shit.

My 3 year old had covid, and his health was actually like the 3rd biggest concern, after all the inconvenience, and shockingly he felt fine every day he was home from school (24 total days).

I've had covid twice (fully vaccinated) and I felt fine the entire time, didn't even miss a day of working out/exercise. Just sitting around waiting to get "sick".
no, i am not really worried about my kids getting sick from covid.

statistically speaking, putting them in a car or letting them swim at a pool is an order of magnitude more dangerous for my kids than stupid covid is, and i definitely still put my children in cars and let them swim at pools from time to time.

it's all the other bullshit regarding kids and covid - the nonstop testing for every little sniffle or sneeze, the ever-present threat of a 2-week quarantine should they get exposed, the utter nightmare of an entire school BUILDING* or district BUILDINGS* shutting down and going back to remote "learning" for god only knows how long - that is worrisome/pain in the ass.

(*) extra emphasis on "BUILDING" for those afflicted with VSIS.

EDIT:

yeah, basically what TUP said.