View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 12, 2020, 1:07 AM
Show me the blueprints

I really don't think it would be a deal breaker to have a change of trains @ Palmdale. Tickets would be sold for Brightline West or whatever it will be called as a branded thing but the first short leg of the journey would be fulfilled by local CaHSR trains departing from LAUS. The assumption is the majority of passengers would leave from LAUS but how do we know just as many might depart from Burbank? Assuming a regular CaHSR local might average 60% capacity leaving LAUS, it seems completely within reason that there would be room for passengers destined to transfer at Palmdale. They could even have an electronic indicator sign of some sort designating several carriages for transfer passengers so to lesson the interuption with other seated passengers that would remain on the CaHSR local to points north of Palmdale. Adding to the relative reasonability of this arrangment would be a co-branded cross platform at Palmdale so there is no confusion amongst LV bound passengers that this is where they make a quick seamless transfer (under 5 min ideally if things run properly) to Brightline trains. This is how it would work for LA-LV tickets, LV-LA in reverse. There is also the possibility that a limited number high peak priority Brightline trains could depart and terminate at LAUS if a negotiated slot arrangment could be negotiated with CaHSR and Metrolink - something like Friday evening trains for instance. Anyways, just to reiterate I think this is a perfectly reasonable solution to a capacity issue with infrastructure that doesn't have an obvious solution short of billions in additional infrastructure cost for quad track tunnels and PRR stlyle 6 track row's from Burbank to LAUS.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding