View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:31 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
This is my only beef with your comments, left of center. While I pretty much have been leaving my car parked on whatever street nearby where I live I can find a space much of the time, there ARE times where I need to get around to multiple places throughout my day in a relatively timely manner now that I'm the sales manager for a new brewery in the Ravenswood Ave./'Malt Row' corridor. Given that I live just east of Wrigley near Broadway/Addison, I'm pretty much cutting through Wrigleyville to get anywhere to the west. northwest or southwest. It's already pretty much a nightmare to get through the area, and you want to make it even worse?

I'm a huge transit supporter, both rail and bus. I take transit all the time, I walk all the time. But sometimes I DO need to get around, and it's already damned near impossible to do that with the exception of a few streets. Seriously, I see no reason to make it even MORE difficult for drivers in Wrigleyville. As it is, bicyclists (of the rogue variety) pretty much rule the area, much to the dismay of both drivers AND pedestrians!

Aaron (Glowrock)
I love Malt Row, kudos to you and your craft, sir!

Perhaps my statement was poorly worded. My remark on making the area more difficult to drive to was more or less directed towards people who drive to Wrigley to catch a game or patronize the bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. That should be entirely out of the question and not an even option (the Cubs should close their green lot on Grace and develop it).

Obviously complete gridlock would be very counter productive to the immediate and surrounding neighborhoods, since bikes, buses and cabs/rideshare vehicles would be effectively ground to a halt. Clark, Irving, Halsted, etc are all major thoroughfares, and I have no problem with people driving through to go about their business. But if you're coming in from Naperville to watch the Cubs clobber the Cards, you better be on a train.