View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2012, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Forever View Post
Wrong...try again! The Spire was a real project and was more than just a proposal. I guess people forgot that the Spire sold a 3rd of its 1200 condos in just three or four months. If the world economy didn't fall off a cliff at the end of 2008 the Spire would have been built by now. Also, the Spire was in the planning stages for years. Only if it had been started about a year or so earlier the outcome could have been different. I remember reading an article where the developer of Lakeshore East said that if he had started moving on Aqua a few months later than he did it wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, most people don't think this project is for real for good reasons. I think it's possible if done in stages but even then it would still be almost impossible considering the size of it and the amount of competition, both present and future, in the surrounding area. I don't even think the city will allow the developer to make all those changes to the Old post office. And the sky bridge or whatever it is over the river is also questionable. I don't know if the city would allow that either. I think a lot of changes will have to be made before anyone thakes this development seriously.
Funny you mention the spire, there was an article on it this week suggesting that it might have a small chance at being revived, they were discussing it at SSC. Start reading at post 25 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1312113&page=2