View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 3:34 AM

Sometimes I feel the limitations of my D90, but I think I'm going to hold off on buying a new camera for a while. I don't want to spend 3 grand on a D800 and the D7000 isn't that much better than the D90. The biggest reason I will wait is due to that big price gap between the D7000 and the D800. It seems logical that Nikon will introduce a new model somewhere in that $1500 to $2000 range. Maybe it will be what I'm looking for.

My biggest "want" is awesome high ISO performance, which seems to come along with a full frame sensor. I would also like the added wide angle capability of the full frame sensor. But I would also consider another DX model if it had substantially better high ISO than the D90 and a nice big viewfinder (like the D7000). About 16 megapixels would be perfect.

So, if they want to sell me a camera, basically Nikon has to come out with an update to the D7000 or introduce a semi-pro FX model.