View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I guess it doesn't matter since you have cable TV included with your rent, but the broadcaster apps (CTV, Global, CBC) have tons of content on them. If you ever have cable for just one show, it might be worth checking to see if one of the broadcasters carries the show on their app.
Sony - which owns Jeopardy as well as Wheel of Fortune - has been notoriously opposed to entering the 21st century and providing its syndicated game shows to any streaming platforms. The rights to both shows in Canada is owned by a group of independent stations, none of which stream their channels online (aside from locally produced shows). They do broadcast over-the-air in their local communities, but in my case the station that has it is CHEK in Victoria, which doesn’t reach where I live.

In the United States, the only legal way to stream those two game shows is if you have a local station that carries the show and streams full-time online. All of the streams I’m aware of that do this are geo-blocked in Canada.

I’ve definitely looked into non-cable options for Jeopardy. This question frequently comes up on the Jeopardy subreddit.