View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Nice, so this will be a hair taller than 435 N Park, yet significantly skinnier. That will make for a nice, slender, tower.

I bet a big chunk of the retail is going to be along the plaza like I was predicting months ago. I see another opportunity for a Howell's and Hood quality restaurant with outdoor space here. Maybe we'll get a restaurant on one side and a cafe on the other. Streeterville is going to need more retail space with the density they are adding right now. All of these towers are going up within a 3 block radius:

- NW Outpaitent Center
- RIC Tower
- 435 N Park
- Optima II
- 545 N McClurg

Then there is the heinous RAMS proposal on top of all of that. I think that Streeterville will eventually hit a critical mass where it will go from sleepy to bustling overnight and I think these 5 towers already under construction might be enough to do that. I mean we are talking about what? 1500 residential units, a few hundred hotel rooms, and two huge employment centers. It's amazing how quickly Streeterville and LSE have changed from an industrial wasteland to one of the densest highrise neighborhoods in the world.
Streeterville certainly has been blowing up. I think there needs to be some public transit improvements for streeterville to really start bustling. It's too car centric at the moment. A subway line down Columbus would be nice. In any case hopefully we start getting some taller towers with less surface lots available... it would be nice to see something other than the RAMS tower break the plateau. I was hoping this one was a bit taller so it broke the plateau.