View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
All I would offer to them: Be realistic. This is 2014. If it's not your own Chinese partner mistakenly 'leaking' your rendering and project (perhaps some mis-) information to the world - in an 'official' press release (wtf), you need to assume Spyguy and/or Skyguy are looking over your shoulder. Then there's the NSA. You really need to be at home, sitting in the corner of a near pitch-black locked closet, hand-sketching for your designs not to show up on the internet....
This is a developer problem I'd say. Designers would love to release ultra high res assets the second they make them, and go on record explaining every decision. The clients are the ones that make them keep a lid on it, and say "no comment" even when I show them leaked plans and renders, because they have some poorly conceived idea of an announcement timeline culminating in a cocktail party or a groundbreaking gala featuring Rahm and Alderman OReally.

The industry could use a bump up in their PR game, realizing that renders will always leak and that there's a huge market of people who want to see them ASAP, and that once the word is out there's no point being coy anymore. They should get ahead of the game and release their renders as soon as they're ready for bids, so they can start curating some interest and maybe some public support to help cary them through the approval process.