View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2009, 5:07 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelcago View Post
i can't believe that. what a disgrace. like there aren't enough bars and restaurants within puking distance of the field as there are now? now they go and continue the bastardization and corporate branding of what should, IMHO, remain a low-key stadium. I guess it would be ok to have that club, but why can't it just be named something like 'wrigley club' or 'caray club' -- something team or field specific? i get it that captain morgan is sponsoring this, but i just don't see the connection between a pirate and the cubs.

first there's the bud light bleachers, now this. can't wait to see what's in store next. what a shame.
My problem isn't so much with the name of it even though it is indeed tacky. Most here much more eloquent then myself can pick it apart but it should offend even the most casual observers eye even if it is not suppose to be a permanent structure. If this is sensitivity the ballpark then I am damn glad the Tribune is out in the door before any eventual rehabbing of the actual ballpark, what does disturb is that I am guessing the new prospective owner was consulted and actually signed of on this.